I found a seller on etsy that had plain wooden dolls and I had a boatload of acrylic paints on hand courtesy of the Craft Queen, my mother. I looked at a few of the available customizations on the etsy ones I saw and picked what I liked and got to it. I penciled everything on first to give myself guidelines and then painted away. It takes a rather steady hand. So starting these later in the evening and thinking you’ll be able to finish them without a few flubs is just silly. Good thing you can paint over mistakes! I decided to seal these guys too with the polyeurethane I talked about in the previous post.
Here is Ryan and Christina:
Here is Brian and Michelle:
And Here is Scott and Christy:
I'm so happy with how they turned out!! So cute!
And I have 2 sets of couples left. Now I just need more people to get married so I can make some cute gifts! Wait a minute I take that back…no more weddings for a while people! I need some time to recover! :)